A stay abroad - be it studying at a university abroad or doing an internship - is a rewarding experience for many students. Who doesn't want to improve their own language skills, get an insight into new research areas and meet other students from all over the world? Studying abroad widens the horizon, allows a break from everyday life, and is the icing on the cake for future job applications.
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology maintains various international cooperations. As students of our faculty you have the following options to study abroad:
- an exchange semester at Purdue University (USA)
- an exchange semester at Nagoya University (Japan)
- an exchange semester or year at one of over 35 of our Erasmus partner universities (Europe)
- further opportunities through collaborations of RUB
Industrial and scientific internships abroad can be integrated in the course of study as well. Please contact our student advising service if you are interested.
Furthermore, students of our bachelor's programme in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology have the possibility to graduate with a double degree: the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology at RUB and the degree Ingeniero/-a Electronico/-a at Universidad Nacional de Colombia in Bogotá, Colombia.
Please submit your application via email to studienberatung(at)ei.rub.de if you are interested in participating in one of the faculty's exchange programmes. Your application has to be send as one PDF document and include the following documents:
- letter of motivation (incl. a brief description of your current study situation and further study plans)
- up to date transcript of records (of bachelor's and master's studies for master's students)
- prioritisation of at least three universities of your choice
It is possible to combine applications for different exchange programmes of the faculty.
Please take note of our application deadlines:
- 1st application period: until January 15 (all exchange places available for the winter and summer semester)
- 2nd application period: until February 10 (remaining places for the winter and summer semester)
- 3rd application period: until July 15 (remaining places for the summer semester)
Applying to all exchange universities is only possible during the first application period. Afterwards, the range of exchange universities is reduced to those that offer remaining placements.
Please take note of the seperate deadlines for the double degree programme at Universidad Nacional de Colombia.
You are an international student and planning to at our faculty for a semester? Here, you find all the information you need for your stay abroad at RUB.