|Number: 202620|| |
|Event Type: Practical Course|| |
|Module Representative: Priv.-Doz. Dr. Martin Hexamer|| |
|Lecturer: Priv.-Doz. Dr. Martin Hexamer (ETIT)|| |
|Language: German|| |
|SWS: 3|| |
|CP: 3|| |
|APPOINTMENTS IN SUMMER SEMESTER|| |
| Preliminary Meeting: Thursday, 04/07/2022, 12 AM, ID 04/413 || |
| Type of Exam:||Practical Course|
| Exam Registration:||directly with the lecturer|
| accompanying studies|| |
The students have practical experience with and knowledge about:
- Circuit technology of biopotential amplifiers.
- Sensor technology (pressure, volume flow, gas analysis).
- Working with Real-Time-Matlab/Simulink.
- Signal processing.
- The experience of physiological basics on the own body.
The practical course deepens the lecture Biomedical Systems I in 4 experimental blocks.
- Measurement of Biopotentials: Differential amplifier, instrumentation amplifier, isolation, filtering, registration of ECG, EMG and EEG on the own body.
- Spirometry and respiratory gas analysis: Spirometric basic data will be collected at a clinical workplace. Furthermore, the energy conversion in the body will be measured and the efficiency of cycling will be determined.
- Automatic blood pressure measurement: Using an electric air pump, a blood pressure cuff with microphone, a pressure sensor and electromagnetic valves, a Matlab/Simulink-based automatic blood pressure measurement system according to Riva-Rocci-Korotkoff has to be developed. The performance will be compared with that of a commercial device in some harmless provocation tests (Schellong test, Valsalva manoeuvre, physical work).
- Signal processing with Matlab/Simulink using the ECG as an example: determination of heart rate, investigation of heart rate variability in time and frequency domain, interference suppression by adaptive filtering.
Basic Lectures of ETIT, Content of the Lecture Biomedical Systems I
- Gamm, Eberhard, Schenk, Christoph, Tietze, Ulrich "Halbleiter-Schaltungstechnik", Springer Verlag, 2016
- Webster, John G. "Medical Instrumentation Application and Design", Wiley & Sons, 2009
The lecture is organized via Moodle. The password for self-enrollment is "EKG". For participation in the practical course, attendance at the introductory event on Thursday, 04/07/2022, starting 12 am in ID 04/413 is mandatory. You will receive all further information at the introductory event.